Boing! and coronavirus
Alongside so many people, we have been horrified at the spread of this virus and the impact it has had on all lives. It has had an incredible effect on our way of life that we never thought possible and it is incumbent on all of us to do what we can to try to stop it as well as to make life as normal as possible for everyone.
As soon as the Government announced that we could re-open, we have been working on ways to change what we do (and what equipment we need) in order to comply with guidance, keep everyone safe and do so in a way that is not going to bankrupt us! We launched a Go Fund Me campaign and were buoyed by the amount of financial support we received. Thank you to all of you who contributed - it is much appreciated. (If you would like to support us financially on a one-off or ongoing basis you can do so by clicking this link - thanks!)
So we are now in a position to re-open, albeit gently and slowly, and want to outline the changes in place that will make visiting Boing! not only a stressfree experience but one that will keep customers and staff as safe as possible:
• We will, until further notice, run Support Group sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings and Monday and Tuesday afternoons. These will need to be booked and paid for via the What's On page.
• We ask that, if you are feeling poorly, or displaying any COVID19 related symptoms, you stay at home. We will be taking everyone's temperature with a laser thermometer upon entry and won't be able to admit anyone with a highly elevated temperature.
• Regrettably Boing!'s capacity has been reduced - we have 8 available table booking slots per session (for a maximum of 2 people, including babies, although do let us know if you need to attend with another member of your household and we will do our best to accommodate you).
• We have had to remove our dressing up clothes and some toys and have had to suspend our popular party service until further notice.
• We have ramped up our already extensive cleaning regime at Boing! We have invested in a thermo-fogging machine which kills all viruses, including COVID19 and flu, which will be used following every session in our rooms and on the equipment. We have also invested in a steam cleaner which will clean without having to use harmful chemicals.
• In addition to the above, hand sanitiser will be available upon entry to The Hub and also Boing! The Hub communal areas are constantly being cleaned and wiped down by Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust staff.
• The Hub and Boing! each have a QR code available to scan - please download the relevant app and scan upon entry to make contact tracing easier.
• We will require everyone attending Boing! to give us track and trace details - this will be done through the booking process.
If you have any comments or questions please do not hesitate to contact us.